Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Rainy days are meant for cuddling

It's true.
Loverboy and I took today off. Ostensibly, he took today because he was still feeling ill after yesterday's migraine fiasco. He's particularly thankful for my fioricet, however, since it helped him not become a fetal ball on the bathroom floor, like last time. Youch. So today, we slept in, left our phones off, ate breakfast AND lunch in bed... and pretty much didn't leave the bedroom allll day long. It was TV and cuddles and kitties happy to see us... a perfect day. Especially since the rain was doing its raging thing outside. Yuck. He and I left at the same time - he for rehearsal, me to go watch Corpse Bride. I'm home and back to wondering if he'll ever get here. :(

Corpse Bride... hm. I loved the animation. Loved the ideas, and many of the executions. The colors and the sets and people were fun to watch. But the plot... and the music... not Danny Elfman's best on the music. Lots of potential, but I couldn't understand the damned lyrics!!! Grrr. Worst thing to do to a musical, pretty much ever. It means I noticed the thin and wispy plot, when you should have distracted me from that with bright lights and dancing skeletons. The best part? The dog. Yep. The dog. The maggot just annoyed me. Wasn't developed enough for the usual sidekick role. So, I'm disappointed. Which sucks because I was reallllly excited about going. Thank goodness for my classmates - if they didn't go with me, no one would have.

Speaking of... I'm really enjoying them. They're both a little bit older than I, and very intelligent with senses of humor... and a willingness to involve themselves in a new person/friend. I find that amazing, frankly. Most people can't be bothered. Reminds me why I talk to people I don't know - I meet people like these two every once in a while. Red is newer than Braless Wonder (I call her that cause she's always taking it off subtly in the middle of class or studying or whatever), only in that we recently started to see her a bit outside of class. Do you know, BW actually remembers things I tell her about my life? I just can't fathom it. I'm so boring and I talk so much!! (You'll see if you don't already know.) And all three of us are passionate cat lovers. Yes, I love my cats. Didn't you get that part yet??? They're such loving kitties!! You'd better watch it, or you'll fall in love with them too. (Except of course for the one friend they can kill. But that's not their fault, they're meant to be furry!)

Oh, dear, I'm rambling again.

A good day, despite further doses of the fioricet. Fourth day in a row. *grumble*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home