Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Some things you can't de-program

And it seems that HR and administrative logic are some of those things. I can't get the logic out of my head... how you are *supposed* to run an office, and logical ways to organize schedules and contacts and pretty much anything along those lines. I'd like to grab their so-called benefits administrators and shake them! Of course, it's much easier to be a couch coach than the real thing, but I can't help but think that I could shake that shit up. 

I was told recently in an advisory session that I need to work on my tact. I said, "Oh, you mean my caustic personality?". He said, well, in your words, but yes... 

Ah... what he doesn't know... is that this IS me being tactful. This is my patience. Because all I'm doing is having an occasional bitch-vent about it, rather than going in and tearing people apart like I'd truly like to do. I am not calling anyone a dumbass motherfucker like it says to in my head. I am not throwing temper tantrums. I am even studying, and so far, am a reasonable member of my class. I'll let you know when that changes.

Besides, we all know that I have different levels of bluntness to adjust for my audience. Really! It's true! I wouldn't lie! But I suppose I should occasionally cut back, just for the children's sakes, no? *sigh*

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ab said...

Screw the kids. Take it from me (an "education professional"), they like it when you call 'em dumbass motherfuckers.

Glad you're back.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

We want updates!

Cos you don't have enough going on in your life :D

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home